The purpose of SAELA is in the interst of freedom, equity and quality in education in South Africa, to -
(a) make an effective contributrion policy, including the promotion of human rights in education; and
(b) to further knowledge and understanding in these disciplines among stakeholders.
In order to pursue this purpose SAELA aims at:
- organizing conferences, simposia, workshops, addresses, briefing sessions or similar occasions
- promoting research (and its publication) and teaching in the field of education law and policy;
- the publication of a journal, newsletter, information sheet, or the use of any other communication medium;
- effective liaison with South African education authorities at all levels;
- promotion of active participation in and influencing of the public debate on matters relating to education law and policy;
- appropriate co-operation with as many South African, foreign and international associations, institutions or individuals as possible that pursue a corresponding purpose or can promote the realization of the Association's purpose.
- active participation in programs to support disadvantaged members of the education community.